Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I knew Cody well, 8 years ago. He was the counselor for my children's summer day camp and their T-ball coach, and we quickly became friends. I remember how easy he was with children, and how he reduced my big dog to a cuddling mass of drool. I remember our conversations about the complexity of marriage and relationships, and he was a sensitive supporter during a very difficult time for me. Some of our conversations changed my life.

I hadn't seen him in several years until one night in a restaurant. The same glittering smile, and the fabulous way he said "Hi" -- then again several months ago while shopping, where he told me about his new business. To see the excitement in his face was so wonderful - he was on his way in life, and content. He said his life was filled with many good friends, and that he was happy.

Today, as I drove by and saw the memorial of the accident and realized that this person who touched my life so deeply was gone, I remembered the brief times we had together, and shed a tear for those who were fortunate enough to know him more recently - I'm certain your loss is great.

Go gently Cody. You are missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home