Wednesday, July 26, 2006

YAY!

Okay, so I bought the golf shoes before my score is even within sight of par, BUT they were only $12 - almost new Adidas Z-Traxions, from Sports Junkies (regularly $129) and aren't they cute?

I golfed last night with my parents and sister at our local Par 3 course, and since we couldn't start until 8:20pm, we managed only 6 holes before darkness curtailed our fun.

My sister, who hasn't golfed since high school managed to fly under the radar for two holes until we realized she was using the #3 driver for every shot .. including putting. "Oh, does that make a difference?"

Dad was very serious, taking at least 5 or 6 practice shots each time. They looked to us to be complete misses, but he insisted they were practice shots, so we cheered him on.

I don't remember much of Mum's actual golfing which probably means she was pretty consistent, but I can still hear her laughter in my head. She was so good natured, as usual - even when my Dad tried to kill her with one of his bizarre spazzy sideways shots.

I really don't want to discuss my score on holes one, three, four, five or six... because I honestly believe they do not represent my true ability or finesse.

So let's talk about Hole #2 shall we? Suffice it to say that I was in top form, shooting one under par for (what we pros call) a BIRDIE!! And quite frankly, I looked adorable doing it... must be the new shoes.

Note to self: Bring bug spray for twilight golf.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps your WAY cuter (and younger) sister was just trying to make you feel good...but they ARE cute shoes!

Thu Jul 27, 08:55:00 AM  
Blogger Do said...

Hi Deborah,
Nice shoes! Allow me to introduce myself - my name is Donna and I'm an old friend of Brad's. I followed a link to your site from his. Thanks for the link to free translation.com and for the chick pea spinach soup recipe. It smells wonderful and is simmering away on the stove as I type. Take care and all the best, Do

Tue Aug 01, 01:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home