Thursday, August 31, 2006

aMAZingly corny....


Hah! I crack myself up when I come up with silly puns and equally ridiculous retorts.

Sometimes I laugh so hard at myself that I have trouble catching my breath.

We went to the Pitt Meadows corn maze on Sunday... a lovely spot, albeit very dusty due to our lack of summer precipitation. It is a giant corn field with a series of mazes cut into it. We decided to play 'boys against girls' and see who could find their way out of their respective mazes first. Ever prepared, since we were all former Scouts and Brownies, each team had a two-way radio for emergency communications. Let's face it; you never know when a scarecrow might come to life and chase you to your death, a baseball diamond suddenly appear out of nowhere, or you just have to find a washroom - quickly.

About ten minutes into the competition, with nothing in sight but corn husks and blue sky, I received a breathless radio call...

"Mum! Mum! Where ARE you?"

"Uh....... (grin) .... I'm over near the CORN..."

(I told you, I crack myself up)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home