Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Normal or Neurotic?












I found out that my son always eats his favourite thing last. Lawrence always eats first whatever he thinks will lose heat the fastest. I'm pretty sure I eat my favourite thing for the first bite because it tastes so much better on an empty stomach, but usually I eat everything at the same time. What I mean is that I mix foods on my fork, and I don't eat only one thing at a time, preferring a mix of flavours at once.

Clearly my son has a well-developed understanding of the benefits of delayed gratification that I lack, and Lawrence... well, perhaps he should stop thinking so much.

I have heard of people whose food isn't allowed to touch the other foods on the plate, or they must eat each thing in its entirety before moving on to the next item on the plate, or they never mix foods on their fork. I'm guessing there are many other 'food neuroses' - Please, tell me yours.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the odd habit never finishing the very last bite of a sandwich or burger. I just never seem the want that last,little piece of bun/bread thats all flattened out with none of the good fillings left.

Thu Nov 23, 04:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...I used to do the same, always eating the vegetables first because I wanted to save the meat (at the time my favourite) for last. It ended up that I was never hungry enough to eat much of the meat, and now the veggies are my favourite.

Fri Nov 24, 08:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home